Financial AnalystBack to careers
| Posted 3 weeks ago
Job Category: SAHL Insurance
Assist Financial Manager in managing all financial accounting processes for SAHL Life and SAHL Insurance to ensure budgets are met and to optimize the business financial performance.
- General Ledger Administration
- IFRS17 - Assist with preparing and implementing the IFRS17 requirements from a finance perspective
- Review commission calculation and sign off
- Review all recons pertaining to Life and Insurance Companies
- Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly returns e.g., NCR, SARB Research, Liquidity and SARB Asset Allocation Returns
- Assist with preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Assist with coordinating external audits
- Assist with auditor queries
- Assist with preparation of AFS
- Bi-annual SASRIA Audit
- Maintenance of Reinsurance Accounts
- Ensure the quarterly schedules are correctly prepared and balances to the general ledger
- Liaise with the transformation team for requirements/queries
- Assist in managing cash flow and budgeting processes
- Complete Vat returns
- Work closely with senior management team.
- Assist with completion of annual tax returns
- Capturing Insurance Claim payments when required
- Ad-hoc items/projects as and these arise
• Qualified CA
• 3 years accounting experience in an Insurance/Financial environment. Must be familiar with:
• Long Term & Short-Term Insurance Act, Companies Act, VAT Act, Income Tax Act, Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, Financial Intelligence Centre Act and be familiar with the IFRS 17 standards.
• At least 3 years additional long term and short-term insurance experience within the finance department.