GEHS Home Loan Package
Are you a government employee? We have a special home loan package for you.
Through a partnership between the DPSA, PIC, GEPF and SA Home Loans, we are able to provide special home finance opportunities to government employees. This is done under the umbrella of the Government Employees Housing Scheme (GEHS) for which SA Home Loans is the home finance partner. To use the GEHS services, members should enrol here.
Whether you are already a home owner with an existing bond or would like purchase your first home, we have a special home loan package with the following product benefits available to qualifying borrowers:
- A flexible term up to 30 years.
- A discounted interest rate for government employees paying by Salary Stop Order.
- Up to 100% of the purchase price, depending on affordability.
- Our unique Edge Home Loan with 3 years of interest-only repayments.
- Bond attorney costs discounted by up to 50%, unless they are covered by the developer.
In addition, SA Home Loans is able to provide valuable support for government employees, with expert service and additional products to offer complete peace of mind:
- Property finance consultants, who are home loan experts provided by SA Home Loans to guide and assist you during the bond application or switch application process. They will help you in completing the application form and collecting the documents required for your credit assessment. Moreover, they can keep you updated on the status of your application.
- Free access to “My New Home”, an online course which provides all the information new homeowners need to feel empowered and make a success of their property buying journey.
- Access to Home Owners Cover, an affordable insurance plan that covers any loss or damage to your property. This specifically applies to damages caused by an unforeseen event and is conveniently managed off your home loan account.
- Access to the Bond Protection Plan. This life insurance plan provides you with the reassurance that you will not lose your home in the unfortunate case of your death or disablement.
- Access to Transfer Assist, which provides a loan of up to R50,000 to assist in covering the costs associated with having your new property transferred into your name.
- Access to Quick Cash if you are switching your current bond to SA Home Loans. This allows you to access the increased value in your property, with a cash payout of up to R75,000 within 72 hours and up to R150,000 when the bond documents are signed.
If you are a NEW CUSTOMER and would like to find out more about how you can apply for a new loan or switch your current bond to benefit from the GEHS package, call us on 0860 2 4 6 8 10 or contact your nearest branch.
If you are an EXISTING SA HOME LOANS CLIENT, please note that existing SA Home Loans clients who are government employees may opt in to the GEHS home loan package. Please contact Client Services on 0861 888 777 to discuss your options.