What should you definitely include on your ‘to-do’ list when buying a property and what mistakes should you try to avoid? The infographic below lists our top five ‘do’s and don’ts’ related to buying a home.
Unpacking the 5 Do’s
- You’ll see the first ‘do’ in the infographic relates to affordability: find out what type of property can you actually afford before you start house hunting. You can use our affordability calculator to get a better idea of this amount.
- Next up: do get a credit check to find out your credit score and see if you can improve it (if necessary) before applying for a home loan. Not sure why you need to do this? Find out here.
- Find out what documentation you need when applying for a home loan or putting in an offer on a home; having this ready will speed up the process.
- Do get a professional in to inspect the home you are thinking of buying as this could save you from investing in a property that is structurally unsound.
- Lastly, use our Homes4Me app for more tips on getting a home loan or for important information on buying your first home.